Mytonomy is looking for a bilingual Spanish/English Producer/Director to work closely with our team to manage the production of short healthcare videos from English to Spanish, translation to completion.
This position’s primary responsibility will be in overseeing translation of content, casting and working with talent to take English video content and recreate it for a Spanish speaking audience. The Producer/Director will work closely with a staff managing video editor (Spanish speaking) and our Medical Director to ensure that all content is informationally and culturally accurate. When required, you will work with talent in the field and at our studio, and collaborate on assigned projects with our graphics/animation team on the West Coast. Strong writing and organizing skills is a must, along with attention to detail and an eye for knowing the best and most efficient ways to translate written and visual material into culturally appropriate content. When assigned, you will also work as a Producer on English language projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from our Medical Director, producers and editors, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in a fast-moving environment.
- Manage a large volume of media.
- Oversee the translation of English content to Spanish, working closely with translators, subject matter experts and production staff.
- Develop the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deliverables and due dates.
- Managing project goals and work flow from inception to final delivery.
- Ensure proper deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Manage internal scheduling of staff Editors, Designers, Animators, and Engineers, to meet project needs.
- Learn to facilitate external scheduling of freelancers, voice-over talent, and any other outside vendor needs.
- Clearly communicate project estimates, schedules and progress, with internal staff on a daily and weekly basis.
- Occasionally assist other departments for translation services.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, written and spoken.
- Bachelor’s degree in media/communications or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in video/digital production.
- Experience with scriptwriting, on-camera dialogue, talent direction.
- Knowledge of various video file formats and ability to encode footage and send to remote editors.
- Field and in-studio producing experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate basic research skills and quick grasp of complex subject matter.
- Must demonstrate strong initiative, commitment, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, the full suite of Adobe products, studio and field cameras and experience working with video production software.
- Understanding of the digital healthcare space and telemedicine is a plus.
- Health insurance, with a comprehensive PPO plan from a leading carrier, dental & vision, 401K (Jan ‘21).
- The right to take time off whenever you need (with approval) and PTO for federal holidays.
- Competitive salary and stock options with the potential for significant appreciation.
- Subsidized parking in our garage and lunch at the local deli, as well as reimbursements for up to $100 in massage, Pilates, or acupuncture six times across a calendar year.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Mytonomy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Mytonomy® helps healthcare organizations give patients what they need to care for themselves – in the palm of their hands. Mytonomy engages patients in their care with attention-getting, broadcast-quality microlearning videos and a powerful suite of communication and survey tools. Orchestrated by an intelligent, novel healthcare CRM, Mytonomy adapts to each patient to deliver a tailored experience. This is a foundational element in driving digital transformation and a new model of virtual care. As a result, Mytonomy enables organizations to achieve better results and helps patients get healthier.